Pegasus Titanium - from £1900
Frame price £1900 (including UK VAT)
£1000 deposit payable at time of order, total due prior to shipment - typically 4-5 months following the order being placed.
I am delighted to reintroduce the Singular Pegasus. The winged horse was the titanium version of our very first frame – the Swift 29er mountain bike, a frame vaunted for its ride quality as well as style and value. I am now working with a builder in the far east with a very good reputation for both quality and long term reliability.
These are custom made to order in small batches on an approximately monthly basis. Due to manufacturing constraints our current lead time for production is around five months.
Standard geometry – pretty much duplicating the last batch of Swifts – M, L & XL see below for full geometry details and some notes. If you are really desperate for a small or XXL mail me and I’m sure we can work it out.
Standard tubing – a size specific selection of 3Al/2.4V Titanium to give that fabled lively ride.
- 44mm ID head-tube to allow for use of a tapered or straight fork steerer
- Single chainring
- 73mm BSA threaded bottom bracket shell
- 142×12 thru axle
- Internal dropper-post cable routing
- Bolt-on cable guides on underside of down tube
- Three bottle cage mounts – seat tube, down tube, underside of down tube
- Post mount rear brake on the chainstay
- Clearance for 29×2.4″ or 27.5×3.0″ tyres
- Spare rear derailleur hanger
- Eccentric bottom bracket shell and insert – genuine Bushnell lightweight (+£150)
- T47 bottom bracket shell
- Rear rack-mounts
- 148mm boost or 135mm QR dropout spacing
- More tyre clearance (up to 29×3.2″)
- 1 1/8″ external cup (34mm ID) head tube
- Internal 42/52 tapered headtube (+£100)
- No gear cable routing – singlespeed specific
- Omit any of the standard options – bottle cages, dropper post routing etc.
Any other ideas not listed here just let me know. The basic geometry and tubing can’t change, most other things should be do-able.
With the exception of…
- Sliding dropouts
Sorry, not going to get into any of those things.
If you'd like to order a Pegasus frame please place a deposit using the buttons here. You will then receive a form to specify your needs. I’ll then use that to produce your frame drawing, which will be provided for your approval. Once agreed your order will go into the next monthly batch and you will be notified of an expected delivery period. From the time a batch order goes in to delivery is currently 4-5 months.